1. Religion & Spirituality
Mary Fairchild

Adrian Rogers Dies Today

By November 15, 2005

Adrian Rogers, former three-time president of the Southern Baptist Convention, died early this morning in Memphis, Tennessee, following a battle with cancer and double pneumonia. Rogers was 74 years old. For 32 years he pastored the Bellevue Baptist Church, a congregation of more than 28,000 members, until his retirement in March of this year. He is known as one of the fathers of the Conservative Resurgence movement that brought the Southern Baptist Convention back to its biblical roots. Read more about Adrian Rogers and his ministry here.
Comments
June 8, 2006 at 11:57 am
(1) Delace Coke says:

I gave my life to Jesus at age 12. I am a soon 23 year old who is on fire for the Lord unto eternity. However, I did not start to truly serve, follow, and live for Him until I was 19 years old. Pastor Adrian Rogers played a significant role in my transformation; He is the MOST passionate and biblically sound preacher, teacher, and man of conviction that I know. I thank the living God for the inspiration, life, ministry, service, leadership, and commitment of this authentic man of God. I look forward to meeting him in person for the first time in heaven. May God continue to bless his legacy, his family, and all those who were, are, & will be inflenced by his life.

June 14, 2006 at 8:31 am
(2) Mary says:

Delace –

Your zeal is inspiring! I’m sure you will influence a few souls along the way, just as Adrian Rogers did.

March 4, 2007 at 10:47 pm
(3) ANGELA SPRINGER-GETER says:

I just learned of Pastor Rogers death on today. I’ve been a faithful listener of Pastor Rogers teachings for over a decade, which over the years and to date still blesses me tremendously. I rejoice for the home going of a saint! May God keep his family and the Bellevue Church family.

June 10, 2008 at 5:02 am
(4) MC YULIN/GOSPEL RAP ARTIST says:

halloooooo! everybody my christain family i greet you in the name of jesus!!!/
so you want a testimony hey??? uhmmmm…..
that’s it! i got one!/
i’ve turned my back on jesus once but never again, not so long ago i was called to help in the church on the altar and every secound sunday so i said no to the leader of the group standing like a king not knowing that god would be back for him one day. you know friends after that my whole life took a turn for the worst, i fell and fell and fell up until today i’m a reborn christain , married , with a beutifull daughter ,
but god did’nt just save and said well thats cool you can relax now
he came back for me and used the thing i liked doing most which is hip hop music and turn my music into gospel hip hop ministries to the youth .
ladies and gentlemen god came back and saved me and then turned me into a live minister alot has happened ever since things like -i know how to pray now with full force-i can bless people and not worry about it tommorow -i tell my wife how much i love her more than what i did way back . all this changes when you acknowledge that you are wrong and pray to god for forgiveness
god bless you

yulin arendse/ aka/ mc yulin

August 28, 2008 at 1:17 am
(5) Nigel says:

I hope Adrian Rogers has a good sleep until Jesus Himself wakes him up just like Lazarus was. What a great voice for speaking Mr Rogers had.

July 31, 2009 at 12:16 am
(6) Jose Castellanos says:

I was saved not too long ago,pastor Rogers I want you to know, I’m not sad for your departure because I know exactly where you are and I will see you soon. even after your death you still touch my heart with the word of God, I thought you were alive this whole time, until 2 weeks ago, but indeed you are still alive in his love and for his glory, I love you and thanks.

September 13, 2009 at 1:44 am
(7) Tim Becker says:

I miss Adrian Rodgers; heard him on J Dobsons program, Focus on the Family, and was 1st and foremost on FIRE for God

September 16, 2009 at 6:15 pm
(8) Chuck Bauman says:

I never was able to hear him in person, but have a lot of friends whom God used this man to influence in astoundind ways! I wish him rest for now and his family the peace of Christ Jesus.

September 26, 2009 at 6:42 am
(9) Abe says:

Dr. Adrian Rogers was an authentic man of God who never wavered from the Word of God and all his teachings were Bible based. he was a great expositor of the Bible, rightly dividing the Word. I personally made a commitment to Jesus through Dr. Rogers’ sermons and I thank God for him. If only all preachers and christian leaders were like him – the Church would be a great witness to the Lord Jesus. It makes me immensely happy to say that I will one day see Jesus and with him – my brother in Christ – Adrian Rogers.

October 9, 2009 at 10:30 pm
(10) Ben Lewis says:

I am so thankful that the work and ministry of Pastor Rogers lives on through his legacy and daily radio program. His teaching/preaching has meant more to me than any other. In my opinion Pastor Rogers was the preacher of preachers. His messages are filled with wisdom, insight and the annointing of the Holy Spirit.

His sermons are majestic in that Christ is always glorified and our need for Him portrayed so powerfully. My walk with the Lord Jesus has been strengthened by the Word of God preached by Adrain Rogers.

In my heart I know that tens of thousands…hundreds of thousands..maybe even millions of believers have been exhorted by the preaching from his pulpit.

The greatest tribute other than a family that loves a man is the witness that many are in heaven because of His preaching and there is no doubt that this is the case.

I am training for the ministry and much of the credit has to go to the work of Adrain Rogers…who would give all the credit to the Lord Jesus…

I hope that I get to say these words to Pastor Rogers when I see him in eternity…Ben Lewis

November 11, 2009 at 3:56 pm
(11) Eve San Mateo says:

I was listening to Adrian Rogers sermon this morning as I always did for the last two years, also the years I am in this country, when I heard the word, the LATE Pastor Adrian Rogers. I was shocked because for two years of listening 2007 to 2009, I thought I was listening to a live Adrian Rogers until this morning.Pastor Adrian Rogers together with Pastor Charles Stanley made a big impact in my life because I became a born again christian. To his question if I die tonight, would I know where am I going? The answer is yes, because he had helped me find the way.
It’s been four years that He’s been gone and yet his sermons are alive as they can be.
Thank you Pastor Rogers for the assurance of my heaven citizenship.

January 23, 2010 at 4:07 pm
(12) Mike says:

Nigel, Adrian is not asleep. He is well awake in heaven with our Lord. The late pastor would tell you himself that Paul said “to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord”. Thats right, hes awake and Lazarus was not asleep but his soul from heaven was commanded back into his body. Thank God that Adrian did not let Stetson University twist his faith with liberalism. He spoke the truth from God… I miss Adrian but look forward to seeing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in Heaven one day. And yes I will get to see Adrian Rogers one day there also.

November 28, 2010 at 9:28 pm
(13) Leah says:

I praise God every morning for Adrian even though he is not with us in this world anymore. I listen to his teachings on the radio on my way to work,. I just love the life application, from the heart teaching that God does through him. I only wish I could have met him. That day will soon come.

December 6, 2010 at 3:01 pm
(14) cathal marlow says:

I HAVE BEEN A REGULAR LISTENER TO ADRIAN ROGER ON THE RADIO AND VIA HIS CASSETTES .HIS PARTICULAR STYLE OF BRINGING OUT THE UNCOMPRISING WORDS OF WISDOM FROM THE HOLY BIBLE CONTINUES TO BE A BLESSING FOR ME AND I AM SURE TO MANY OTHERS.MR ROGERS NEVER BACKED DOWN FROM HIS BIBLE BASED POSITION OF PURE TRUTH,CONVICTING US AND CONVINCING US THAT CASUAL CHRISTIANITY JUST DOESNT CUT IT WITH GOD.THANK YOU ADRIAN FOR REMINDING ME THAT ” NO FOOL IS HE WHO GIVES UP THAT WHICH HE CAN NEVER KEEP IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THAT WHICH HE CAN NEVER LOSE” MAY YOU NOW ENJOY THOSE WONDERFUL REWARDS THAT OUR HEAVENLY FATHER WILL BESTOW ON YOU FOREVER.I PRAY THAT GOD SENDS US MORE PASTORS LIKE YOU .
CATHAL MARLOW ,MASCOUCHE QC CANADA

July 21, 2011 at 6:03 pm
(15) Vanessa says:

I know this might sound unbelievable, but I just now learned of Precious Pastor Adrian Rogers death. I know I should be joyous at his home going, but I am deeply saddened. He taught with such conviction and passion for God and God’s people. He was such an inspiration to me. I listen to him daily on VCY tv and radio. We will severely miss you brother Rogers and we will soon see you again!
Love the Royal Race of God’s people.

April 18, 2012 at 7:33 pm
(16) Kevin says:

I love listening to Dr. Rogers every morning on my way to work. His no nonsense preaching has saved countless souls. Even now that he is with the lord, his life continues to have an impact on humanity. When I get to heaven I’m going to look for the guy with the most rewards, I’m confident that will be Dr. Rogers.

June 9, 2012 at 7:09 am
(17) Jim says:

I accidentally found Dr.Adrian Rodgers by listening to a Christian radio show after the passing of my little brother at a young age.I wouldn’t of given it a thought of listening to sermons on the radio,just the christian music.But now I know it was now accident.As i was listening to him preach,no more like teach,i never had heard of anyone so passionate about Christ and helping save people from an eternity in hell.I was saddened to hear that he had passed years prior.But it was funny because he was teaching about the ressurection of the body.It just happened that I myself was worried about death,and full of questions.Every night after I tune in like a woman waiting for the continuance of a soap opera,and each time I tune in Dr.Rodgers sermon would be on something i was questioning or worried about.I guess what I’m trying to say is this man is not was,a true man of God,and even though he’s gone he’s still saving people,helping others find Christ and know Christ.Jesus probably said”well done faithful servant.I will continue to listen and replay his sermons.Thank You Dr.Adrian Rodgers,and Thank you Love Worth Finding Ministries!

July 28, 2012 at 10:43 pm
(18) Cynthia Abreu says:

REJOICE!!! REJOICE!!!! GOD truly blessed the world with a faithful. Passionate, and anointed preacher of the gospel of Jesus Christ, our redeemer and hope!! No one will ever preach like Adrian Rogers—-your eternal spirit lives on!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH—it gives me so much joy knowing that you have received your eternal rest in heaven!!!

August 12, 2012 at 1:38 pm
(19) Monica says:

Mike,
Nigel is correct, Adrian Rogers is asleep!–please read the entire verse you quoted and then read through out the Bible, death is referred to sleep.
Example Solomon slept with his fathers and they buried him. 1Ki.14:31
John 5:28-29
Acts 2:29, 34
Daniel 12:2
Psalm 115:17
2Tim. 4:1,8

But I know this will NOT convince you.The belief of going straight to heaven is very popular and real to many christians. However, the Word of GOD in the Bible doesn’t state that.

We as christians all would rather be in heaven with Christ our Saviour then to be here in the flesh.

Also, I don’t know if I was Lazarus,I would be happy after being in heaven with the Father to return to earth to be with evil men and walk among sin again just to prove a point.

I love Adrian Rogers preaching also, his teachings strengthen my faith in the one and only true GOD and the Son of GOD Jesus Christ who is equal to GOD.

Nevertheless, make no mistake –As CHRIST stated–Lazarus SLEEPS,…The damsel SLEEPS!

Just because its popular, doesn’t make it right!

March 3, 2013 at 9:07 pm
(20) Jack Stewart says:

I talked about Adrian today in Church 3/3/13, He is still leading people to the Lord Today. See you someday in Heaven.

July 12, 2013 at 4:28 am
(21) connie says:

adrian rogers when ilistened to you preaching icry because am asinner

July 13, 2013 at 11:41 am
(22) Allie says:

The Lord Jesus is STILL using Adrian as a blessing to us still on this Earth. He is a blessing to me and his messages provides me with the spiritual nourishment I need. Praise the Lord and all Glory and Honor to Jesus Christ for blessing us with Adrian Rogers.

I am looking forward to meeting him in Heaven. Thank you Lord!!

August 25, 2013 at 3:47 pm
(23) Margo Powell says:

This morning I watched a sermon given by Adrian Rogers, eight years after his death. The message was as relevant today as the day he preached it. I remember the day I heard Adrian Rogers had passed away. What a huge loss to this world, he was a great man.
He now lives with the Lord and will be blessed for eternity for his valiant testimony of Jesus Christ and for the many souls with whom he shared the message of Jesus Christ. God Bless his soul! May his legacy and teachings continue to bless mankind, his family and those of us who came to know and love this great man.

October 24, 2013 at 10:32 am
(24) mbongeni ndlovu says:

What a fiery preacher of the word, he still ministers to me even though he is long gone. I enjoy his podcasts and i listen to them so often, i quote him very often.

November 15, 2013 at 6:17 am
(25) John F. migliorisi says:

Today, eight years ago Adrian passed away. I never met him, but I know him in Christ Jesus. I first started listening to Dr. Rodgers in May 2005, the same month and year I got saved, I was 55 years old. Oh how I wish that I met him or someone like him back in 1960. I listen to him on an iPod while I drive. I drive a big rig so I do listen to him a lot. I know that I blew thousands of blessings and that I will never be able to make up or catch up. But… I know that I am saved, and I know that someday I will be with him in Heaven. Praise God.

November 28, 2013 at 1:46 pm
(26) Nana says:

Thank God for Ps. Rogers life on earth. He’s served His maker well and continues to inspire the new generation of preachers to continue laboring in the Lord’s vineyard.

December 4, 2013 at 11:33 am
(27) Malini says:

Years ago I listened to Pastor Adrian Rogers and enjoyed listening to him, making notes whilst he ministered on TV. I had stopped seeing him on TBN and was not sure why. Today I googled and learnt that he died so many years ago. He truly was an inspiration. May God bless his family.

February 11, 2014 at 9:13 am
(28) kingsley says:

Just can’t believe it ! I told someone just today that when i travel to the us,that the first personal relationship i will build MUST be with Adrian Rogers. So i think he is still alive and not dead as you say here.

February 12, 2014 at 6:59 am
(29) John says:

Me too like Malini beleived that our late brother was still on fire for the Lord….I listened to his messages for few hours and it gave me a new refreshing hope and a new insights to follow the Lord…