At times our problems feel so big they seem to tower over us like a threatening giant. In the midst of trouble, our fears are stirred, our understanding becomes darkened, and our joy evaporates as a dark shadow looms over our lives.
But if we learn to face our problems in the same way young David confronted the giant Goliath, we won't become paralyzed by fear, cowering before the Philistine army as the Israelite soldiers had done. David's faith and trust in an all-powerful God allowed him to view his opponent in a different light.
More Help Overcoming Giant Problems
- Overcoming Despair - Receive encouragement from God's Word in overcoming despair through this devotional based on 2 Corinthians 4:7-12; 16-18.
- Beating Fear - To overcome fear we need the right approach. This devotional reminds us that trusting God makes all the difference in our battle to beat fear.
- Overcoming Jealousy - Karen Wolff of Christian-Books-for-Women.com considers the causes of jealousy and then describes simple, practical steps for overcoming jealousy.
- Overcoming Anxiety - Do you need help overcoming anxiety? Are you consumed with worry? Learn to manage these feelings by understanding what the Bible says about them.
- Dealing With Stress - Dealing with stress as a Christian begins with defining stress, learning the basic causes, and discovering ways to cope and find relief from stress.
- Dealing With Difficult People - Dealing with difficult people not only tests our faith in God, but it also puts our witness on display. One biblical figure who responded well to difficult people was David.