Luis Palau is a Christian evangelist and founder of the Luis Palau Association. He is best known for his worldwide contemporary evangelistic festivals. Palau is a native of Buenos Aires, Argentina. He began his preaching ministry at age 18 by sharing the gospel on the streets of Buenos Aires.
Date of Birth:
November 27, 1934
Family & Home:
Born and raised in a wealthy Argentinian family, Luis Palau became a Christian at an early age. By 10 his father died, and Luis assumed the responsibility of supporting his family. He became successful in the banking business before moving to Portland, Oregon where he attended Multnomah Biblical Seminary. While in Bible school he met his wife, Patricia. Today they have four sons and 10 grandchildren and make their home in Portland. Three of Palau's sons (Kevin, Keith and Andrew) share with him in the leadership of the ministry.
Education & Ministry:
After attending Multnomah Biblical Seminary, Luis Palau and his wife began traveling as missionaries in Latin America. This led to involvement in evangelistic ministries, developing teams and helping evangelists. During this time he interpreted for Billy Graham, who had a big influence on Palau's ministry. Doors of ministry continued to open through international invitations and by the early 1980s Palau was having a big impact in Western Europe.
Luis Palau has authored 50 books, including:
- God's Grace (2007)
- Telling the Story: Evangelism for the Next Generation (2006)
- High Definition Life (2005)
- Stop Pretending (2003)
- God Is Relevant (1997)
- The Only Hope for America (1996)
- Calling America and the Nations to Christ (1994)
- Palau has shared the gospel with more than 25 million people in 70 nations.
- His radio program is heard in both English and Spanish in 42 countries.
- His festival audiences have numbered more than 300,000 in south Florida and almost a million in Buenos Aires.
- He has established a ministry to develop and nurture partner evangelists called "The Next Generation Alliance."
- His ministry has also launched "Livin It Productions," an outreach project to youth and contemporary culture.