1. Religion & Spirituality
Send to a Friend via Email
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Peter's Miracle Return from Death

Christian Testimony of a Transformed Life

By Peter Stewart


Though Peter has no memory of these events, on August 31, 2005, he called 911 while experiencing chest pains. He died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. After fifteen minutes he was resuscitated and placed on life support. Weeks later, doctors told Peter's family he was not expected to recover from his brain-damaged, semi-vegetative state. But he did! He proved "everything is possible through Jesus Christ."

Peter's story is one of the many featured testimonies from you, the members of this site. Each story reveals a life transformed by Christian faith. If your relationship with God has made a difference in your life, we would like to hear about it. Submit your testimony by filling out this Submission Form. To receive weekly messages of hope and encouragement from real-life stories of changed lives, sign up for eTestimonies.

Peter's Miracle Return from Death

My name is Peter Stewart. I am a 46-year-old man. I am the product of a miracle - a miracle from which many more miracles stem.

Due to memory issues, I had to research the beginning of this story with the people that were there - my family, friends, doctors and nurses.

Chest Pains

On August 31, 2005 at 10 p.m., I called 911, apparently having chest pains. The volunteer rescue team arrived shortly after. While being transported in the ambulance, I sat up, looked the paramedic in the eyes, said "something is wrong," and then died.

Life Support

They hit me three times with the paddles in the ambulance before arriving at the emergency room. In emergency they hit me 20 more times. From the time I "coded" in the ambulance, 15 minutes had elapsed. My heart was now beating, but only as I was sustained on life support.

Prayer Support

My brother was called from the neighboring state. He had not seen me in five years. He had to come and make a decision - whether or not to remove me from life support. His wife got on the phone, calling everyone she knew to start praying.

My brother arrived after I had started to breath on my own. He started praying for me. He even asked a lady he did not know to put her hands on me and pray with him. I remained in a coma for 55 hours.

Brain Damage

When I awoke I appeared to be in the worst state they could have imagined. They said I had severe brain damage due to lack of oxygen to the brain. The outlook for my recovery was bleak at best.

Continue reading page 2 of "Peter's Miracle Return from Death."

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.