To complement my collection of Thanksgiving Day Bible Verses, I'm asking you to share your favorite Thanksgiving verses.
- "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
- —Guest Ella Piatt
1 Corinthians 1:4
- "I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ."
- —Guest ebogbue frank
- About noon as I came near Damascus, suddenly a bright light from heaven flashed around me.
- —Guest Okoli Solomon
1 Thessolonians 5:18
- "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."
- —Guest Beatrice Adhiambo
- Whenever I faced challenges in my life, these favorite verses always encourage me to continue my journey: "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever. '
- —Guest Matilda Watesao
- "O give thanks unto the Lord, call upon his name: make known his deeds among the people. Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him: talk ye of all his wondrous works"
- —Guest Mary King
- "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."
- —Guest Pastor Jacob Edehomo
Psalm 95:1-6 - Giving Thanks
- Thanksgiving is God's way of telling everyone he is in the midst of family and friends. Pray for all those we miss at this year's dinner table. Happy eats! Read this Psalm 95:1-6 - "Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker ..."
- —Guest Robin Skinner
- "O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever."
- —Guest Sozo
- "O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."
- —Guest connorw17
- "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
- —Guest Emma S. Long
- "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his faithful love endures forever!"
- —Guest JadeDragon
The Grateful Leper
- Luke 17, 15-19. Then one of them (the grateful leper), when he saw he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice. He fell with his face to the ground at Jesus’ feet and thanked him. (Now he was a Samaritan.) Then Jesus said, “Were not ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Was no one found to turn back and give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to the man, “Get up and go your way. Your faith has made you well.” (from NetBible.)
- "I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving."
- —Guest Lovekekette
1 Thessalonians 5:18
- " ... give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
- —Guest RANI T.