Naturally, one of the most common traditions on Thanksgiving Day is to give thanks and praise to God. The Scriptures are filled with verses expressing words of thankfulness to the Lord for his abundant goodness in our lives.
To complement my collection of Thanksgiving Day Bible Verses, I'm asking you to share your favorite Thanksgiving verses.
Psalm 95:1-6 - Giving Thanks
- Thanksgiving is God's way of telling everyone he is in the midst of family and friends. Pray for all those we miss at this year's dinner table. Happy eats! Read this Psalm 95:1-6 - "Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker ..."
- —Guest Robin Skinner
- "O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good: for His mercy endureth for ever."
- —Guest Sozo
- "O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."
- —Guest connorw17
- "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
- —Guest Emma S. Long
- "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his faithful love endures forever!"
- —Guest JadeDragon
The Grateful Leper
- Luke 17, 15-19. Then one of them (the grateful leper), when he saw he was healed, turned back, praising God with a loud voice. He fell with his face to the ground at Jesus’ feet and thanked him. (Now he was a Samaritan.) Then Jesus said, “Were not ten cleansed? Where are the other nine? Was no one found to turn back and give praise to God except this foreigner?” Then he said to the man, “Get up and go your way. Your faith has made you well.” (from NetBible.)
- "I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving."
- —Guest Lovekekette
1 Thessalonians 5:18
- " ... give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."
- —Guest RANI T.
- "And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness." Really, as we receive Christ in our lives and he is the One who strengthens us, we really have to give him thanks.
- —Guest ucida
- "And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God IS my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH IS my strength and MY song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things: this IS known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion: for great IS the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee."
- —Guest Samantha Rezansoff
The Lord is Good
- Psalm 75:1 - "Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks. For that thy name is near they wondrous works declare."
Psalm 100:1-5 & 136:1-26
- "Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." I give thanks to the Lord for many, many things...
- —Guest kenessa bukuna
- "We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds."
- —Guest agape
1 Chronicles 16:8
- "Oh give thanks to the LORD; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!"
- —Guest Scriber
- "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."