- I was diagnosed with mental illness after I had had a clash with my bosses over money matters. When I was taken to the hospital whose popular name was "The Yellow House", I was really terrorized. I received treatment which was awful, I almost could not see, and I had a lot of physical problems. In the end, it was difficult even to move. My relatives were not a consolation. I could not pray a lot because of my state, but I prayed the Lord please save me from here. He heard me. I got a heart attack, so I was transported to the medical ward. People were very nice there, and they let me go as soon as possible. Later, I was re-hospitalized several times, but those instances were bearable.
I Am Forever Grateful
- I used to be a non-believer, but in the worst of times after a heartbreak, I turned to the only one I knew could help...God and I asked him to help me move on, and help me apologize and all that, and he did. He's given me so much and he keeps on giving and loving me everyday. He's amazing and I owe him my life, and one day he will be at the gates for me.
- —Guest christena
Yes He Has!
- God has given me loads of hope. Right now I'm encountering problems, but knowing that God has promises that will prosper me, I trusted him with all my heart and solved all my problems and heartaches. My advice is to read the word and surely you would/will understand the reason for everything that is wrongly happening. 1 Corinthians 13:12 - "Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely." (NLT) 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 - "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (NIV)
- —Guest michelle
God Brings Me Joy in the Worst Times
- 3 months ago my wife had a miscarriage. 2 months ago my wife left. 3 weeks ago I lost two uncles less than a week apart. Last week I had a bad car accident and totaled my truck. Today my wife refused again to let me take my daughter. This year has been full of grief and strife. The only thing that has helped me through is my Lord. He has given me joy and understanding in the hardest of times. He has given me wisdom and knowledge in times I need it. He has showed me good in terrible circumstances. I have gone through a lot this year but it has only made me stronger. I thank god for allowing me to go through trials and giving me the strength to stand and come out a better man. I pray that my wife comes back, but I know the Lord has great things in store either way. I believe the lord will watch over my little girl. Through all of these problems, I have joy in my heart because I know God is with me. And no matter what troubles I face on earth, all them will be long gone when I get to heaven.
- —Guest Flyin bryan
Going Through the Storm
- Today and for the last few months, I have been going through the storm, looking for a job and just trying to make ends meet. I have accepted Jesus in my life, but I must say I have not been doing what he has asked of me. It only seems like I go to him when I'm in a time of need. I know that this is not right. I have had family tell me to trust in the lord and all my worries will be okay. Last night my only car was repo-ed ... with no job now, and if I did get a call for a job, I have no way of getting there. Today I prayed to Jesus and asked him for forgiveness because I know in time it may not be right away, but the storm I'm going through will no longer be a storm because God will help me out. Going through the storm, just get to know Jesus, he will make everything okay in time. He loves us.
I Love My Heavenly Father
- Almost four years ago, I was married to the man of my dreams. A year later we had our first born, and our second a year after that. Ever since the day we got married, things have been really hard. He started to physically, verbally and mentally abuse me, leaving me at home while he went out with his mates, and abusing me when he got home. This has carried on since. I am now pregnant with our third child and I'm afraid that this is all that my life is going to be like. I have fear each day for my children. I don't want them to be raised like this. I pray each day and read my Scriptures daily, on nothing but strength and that one day soon my husband will hold the responsibilities of a father and a husband to his family. Although I go through all of this daily, I have faith in my heavenly Father that he will not leave me stranded and that he will help guide and strengthen me through each day. I testify that there is no other way to turn but to God. I love my heavenly Father and my family. Amen.
- —Guest LIAH
Light at the End of the Tunnel Thru God
- I have suffered a great deal at the age of 13, depression, anxiety and the lot. I cried most nights because of the pain in my heart of loneliness and no support not 5 years on. God has assigned many people in my life that have helped me, and through Christ alone I got on with life. There are many times I feel alone and self-hatred and being stuck in the gutter, but I now pray that I will rise above all problems I face now and have the motivation that can help me change my life for the best with God. Everything is possible with positivity and God.The universe is here to help each and everyone through their obstacle; all you need to do is ask, believe and receive.
- —Guest Nisha
God is Able
- God is so able to do the impossible ... I was diagnosed with a disease that was incurable. I was so depressed, worried, and I felt like taking my life. But I turned my faith to God and promised to never give up on God, because he never gave up on me. I prayed, and prayed, and prayed, and God touched my body and healed me, in the name of Jesus! All things are possible with God! He is able! Never give up!
- —Guest Romen
Touched by Our Lord
- I am from Hindu background . I was living a very comfortable life before being cheated by my own cousin brother in business. We lost everything we had. It was even difficult to pay my children's school fees. My daughter could not study for one year. Times were very hard, we could not even manage our day to day expenses. I wanted to kill myself and my family. One day I met a girl who had recently accepted the Lord. She encouraged me to come to a cell meeting. I went with her to the cell meeting and every one was praying for me. I was touched by our Lord. I accepted the Lord and surrender my life into his loving and caring hands. Life started changing after that. The Lord gave my husband work. My daughter did her graduation from London and recently got a very nice job in Canada. She is waiting for her work permit for Canada. My son is also studying in Canada. The Lord has been so kind and faithful. I have been baptized and now my daughter wants to be baptized. God has been so kind and faithful.
- —Guest anu
God Led My Mother Through an Icy Patch
- This happened to my mother when she was as old as I am now. She was driving along a busy multi-lane highway in a bad snow storm when she hit a patch of ice, skidded, and lost control of the car. All she could do was say, "God! Help me!" The car made a figure eight and stopped on the gravel shoulder, not hitting any other car or sign. Then a young man came up to her window and asked how she was. She's sure God took the wheel, and then sent the man (or angel) to reassure her that God was with her and she would get home all right. She has told us the story many times and the memory has sustained her.
- —Guest Marilyn
God helped me.
- I was down on my luck--no job and broke. God helped me. I was offered a job, but when I was ready to start it was filled by someone else. I was so down and disappointed. I got a call last night and not only do I get the job I was offered, I was also offered another position as well so I can make money two ways with the company. Whenever everything looks bleak, I always tell God that I know He will see me through. He'll never give you more than you can handle. And this will probably help me in my dream to own my own business someday. Thank you, Lord!!!
- —Guest Chris
God Can Do Miracles
- I was struggling for 6 months not working, and life was difficult because I could not provide for my children with food and clothes. Even I did not have clothes to wear. The love life was also complicated, because my boyfriend would leave me alone in the house and go out for about 3 days and never give me money. I prayed to God each and every day for help. At the end I have a good job and my boyfriend is staying home and providing food and clothes for his children. Than you, Lord, for your blessings on me.
- —Guest Tuelo
Facing Challenges with God's Help
- At the tender age of 30 I lost my father due to lung cancer. At first I could barely handle facing all of the challenges that would come ahead, but then I totally surrendered my life back to God, and he made me a better person for it. I pray for his protection, direction, and wisdom and understanding, and he gives me such peace. It is a beautiful peace, love, and endurance that I am not alone, and with his grace, therefore, I will go. I pray to do his will and be an ever enduring, faithful servant of my lord and savior.
- —Guest Guest Beth
God is Great!
- I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure after a near fatal accident I had some time ago. Ever since then, my strength often fails me, but the grace of God has been sustaining me. Oftentimes I will feel as if I will pass out, but when I go into God's Word, His promises concerning my health will rekindle my hope in Him. God has never failed and will not fail. His promises in His word are yeah and amen. He honors his word more than his name. Yes, I shall not die before my time. That settles the matter. Are you sick? Search the scripture to know What He said concerning your health. He will surely bring it to pass. SHALOM!
- —Guest Lilimax
Managing Stress with the Word of God
- There was a period that I went through a lot of stress. Everything that could go wrong in my life did go wrong. No one could or would help me out and I had no option but to look up to God and down into my Bible for direction. It was then that I discovered that God alone is enough. Even if the whole world is against you, Jesus is all you need. He guided me gently through the complex mazes of my multiple stresses. He would lead me to a person or book that had just the Word for the moment. He taught me how to manage stress by changing my mind, i.e. renewing my mind with the Word of God, no matter how bad the physical circumstances were. Out of that extremely painful period my book, Managing Stress with the Word of God, and blog, Christian Stress Management, were birthed. In fact, God comforts us in our troubles so that we can comfort others (2 Corinthians 1:3-5) is the inspiration of my blog.