The Bible says God comforts us in our troubles so that we can comfort others (2 Corinthians 1:3-5). One way we comfort others is to offer them hope in the midst of hard times. When we read testimonies of God's faithfulness to other Christians who have struggled through hardships, we gain courage to keep on believing, trusting, and not lose faith.
I'd like to give you the opportunity to offer hope and encouragement to fellow believers who are facing difficult times today. Comfort a brother or sister in need by sharing your hard times story.Share Your Story
My God is an Awesome God
- I googled God please help me for inspiration in my time of need and stumbled upon this thread. I am going through some rough things in my life and I have my moments where I don't see a way out. Over the years.I've been through the storm and back. I know it was God who guide me through those dark tunnels and directed toward the light. I mean situations that couldn't possibly have no way (so I thought) were left in God's hands and miraculously problem solved. I will take this burden of mine and put it in the good lord hands once again because I have faith he will see me through another storm. God is so good.
- —Guest s.promise
- God has helped in innumerable ways,guided us day by day,as a family,even when we were not faithful to Him.Right now,both of us are jobless,not being able to send my kid to school ..but we firmly believe that He will make a way and bless us with wonderful jobs in His time.His grace and peace are leading us..glory to Jesus.
- —Guest Sam
- I was a cradle Christian but really lapsed in my twenties and early thirties - too busy trying to be a big shot. I had a massive stroke at age 34. I rediscovered my faith. I truly believe but fear I cannot really pass my conviction on even to members of my family. I think it's because they can't see Him reflected in me. My behaviour, my character gets in the way.
- —Guest George
God Never Leaves or Forsakes You
- I got through a lot of hardship overcoming my depression when mom died.Growing up w/o parents is different you pity urself seing a family w /children going to church happily &i just walked alone missing my mother..On my school days my frends is helping me financially &watever they had &bcoz of them I had courage no matter how hard my life is.I finished my college & I never expected to passed the board exam bcoz 1week before & after I didn't take the board review,3days b4 the exam I only brought fried shrimp paste & rice for my food &500 piso allowance.When I came to the hostel my teacher discourage me but my frend never leave me.And that nyt i cried & prayed to our GOD to gave me strength& hope no matter what.i dont want a high result 75 is enough for me.And He didn't fail me I had flat 75 result..Isn't that amazing?My uncle was surprised when he heard from her sister that i passed the midwifery board coz what they knew I stop my college..
- —Guest che
God Saw me through
- I was diagnosed with a brain tumor and about a year ago I had an operation and it was removed....only GOD is worthy of praise
- —Guest Jose
God is Faithful
- My family and I were living in a rented apartment for long so one day d owner of the apartment said he wt to sell d house and we ve no money to buy d house,we were worried bcoz if we dont buy d house we ll be left on d street.we wt to many places to get a loan bt everytin tin we do failed.i prayed I said to my self dis house is ours,my daddy,mom,sisters n brothers were all worried we prayed,we even 4got how 2 eat bcoz of d issue,one day we all decide to visit d owner of d house n he said any amount u ve bring it till u pple complate d payment and that waz how we brought d house.God prove to us dat he waz n is d God of our lives even when we ve noting he never failed us
- —Guest Florence gabby samuel
LearningThrough Hard Times
- When I was 8yrs.old my mom past away w/o any of my family told me.I was in shocked when I saw here lying inside the coffin.After then all I knew is to cry day & night & wanted to follow her.But she's always appeared in my dream & say:my poor child.As my life goes on I saw myself in church comfort by Jesus our Lord.As I patiently waiting for grandfather's love after I worked as domestic helper abroad I understand why he always compared me to my auntie's & never showed love for me since I was young..Lord teach how to forget my pain in the past and forgive them as you forgive me my sin..
- —Guest guest che
- I work as an accountant..my computer got virus and the accounting file had a mess..i was in a huge trouble with my boss n manager...after 2 weeks of the problem, and me being very down,i was sitting in my office praying deeply for God to take me out of this problem..i wasn't finished my prayer yet and my manager called me and said that the problem is being solved...Thank u God...Forgive all my sins..Amen
- —Guest Mirna
Going through Hard Times and holding on
- I am really going through hard times....My Mom passed away due to cancer and we are in a financial mess....My Company License is still not renewed and no work has happened still date for our business and my house rent is still not paid....Praying hard to the Lord......waiting for my Lord Almighty to pull us through this hard time.....I know Jesus Christ will bless me in the right time.....Praise the Lord and Forgive all my sins and wrong doings.....Thank you God for all the blessings you have given us in our life.....Lord please fulfill all my requests and to solve my financial difficulty....Praise the Lord....Thank You Jesus....Amen
- —Guest Jenison
- My God saved me sister, He broke my bonds and gave me the love only a father can give, I thank Him, and I thank you also.
- —Guest Peter Golding
God is Good
- God has blessed me with funding to go university and I am finished with my first year now. Through the whole year God provided im multiple ways. I never once had a short of money, He blessed me througt all my work and tests. This is the best year iv'e had since I finished school. The two previous years and more importantly the year before this one was not so good, but I know God used all the bad things and good things in those two years to form me. Glory to God for all things that I can do becuase I do it through Him and by him, He is good.
- —Guest Nicolaas
A Time of Not Understanding
- I am going through a time of not understanding. We as Christians know God doesn't ever tell us to understand, he simply wants our trust. I am going through the fire in this, meaning I will grow in areas of my faith walk because I will grow & learn from this. Praise God. But while in the fire it hurts & it saddens my heart:( But we can do all things through Christ. He may be asking me to humble myself. When I really want to point fingers. I see & feel what's wrong & deep down I know that I cannot change anyone. I am not the Holy Spirit. So I let God have his perfect way in all if us. I ask him to help me with this fear & anger at times because of the situation. He is good;) this may take years to play out. Ugh lol but I ain't giving up. I may be stubborn sometimes but I will do what honors God. And cry alone later. Anyways Our God is an awesome God.
- —Guest Hopeful
Thank You, God
- After reading other peoples problems And trusting in god,I have put doctors before god and become more ill, as a Christian I have wokern up to see my god again... Thank you lord
- —Guest Bambos
I Am Weak But He Is Strong
- I grew up in a religious home, and thought loving God was about obeying rules. So I obeyed my parents in just about everything and had great fear when I didn't. When I was 17 I prayed and asked God what I should become. He showed me I was to do nursing. I had great joy and excitement about being fulfilled as a nurse. But my father told me 'You can do better than that.' So I forgot it, and was advised to do an Arts degree until I 'could find out what it is I wanted to do.' My life spiralled down into depression as I felt purposeless. God filled me with His Holy Spirit in an incredible answer to prayer, and I felt loved and more closer to Him than ever. But I got deceived into a marriage where I was abused. I had two psychotic episodes after each of the births of my children. I started to doubt my value. I wanted to kill myself, then I decided to leave my husband instead. I am remarried now, healed from mental illness and serving The Lord with great joy and purpose. He is strong for me.
- —Guest I trust in Him
God Keeps His Word
- I was doing my Masters and l passed with a distinction. God is faithful he keeps his word.l always said to him God l want a normal pass but l dont mind a distinction. And l got a distinction l saw Gods hand in it. Now lm trying to further my studies. Part of me tells me lm not good enough for that. But l know my God is able, he doesn't need any help from me. All things work out for good for those who love the Lord.
- —Guest sharon