The Bible says in 2 Peter 1:3 that as we grow in our knowledge of God, through his divine power he gives us everything we need for life and godliness. Jesus relied on the Word of God alone to overcome obstacles, including the devil. God's Word is alive and powerful (Hebrews 4:12), useful for correcting us when we are wrong and teaching us what is right (2 Timothy 3:16). So, it makes sense for us to carry God's Word in our hearts through memorization, to be ready to face any problem, every difficulty, and whatsoever challenge that life can send our way.
Faith Building Bible Verses
Presented here are a number of problems, difficulties and challenges that we face in life, along with corresponding answers from God's Word:
- Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
• More on Anxiety
- The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18 (NASB)
- For God is not the author of confusion but of peace ...
1 Corinthians 14:33 (NKJV)
- We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair ...
2 Corinthians 4:8 (NIV)
- And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Romans 8:28 (NLT)
• More on Disappointment
- I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 17:20 (NIV)
- The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again.
Proverbs 24:16 (NLT)
- For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)
• More on Fear
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (NIV)
- Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
Matthew 4:4 (NIV)
- Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 27:14 (NIV)
• More on Patience
- Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."
Luke 18:27 (NIV)
• More on Postive Thinking
- And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (NIV)
- I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (NIV)
• More on Feelings of Inadequacy
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT)
• More on Seeking Direction
- If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
James 1:5 (NIV)
- It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.
1 Corinthians 1:30 (NIV)
• More on Wisdom
- ... the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)
• More on Loneliness
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.
Matthew 5:4 (NIV)
- And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19 (NKJV)
- No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:39 (NIV)
- I will turn their mourning into joy and will comfort them and give them joy for their sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13 (NASB)
- No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)
• More on Temptation
- ... but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
- So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1 (NLT)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9 (NIV)
• More on Unforgiveness
- See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are!
1 John 3:1 (NLT)
- My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
- Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)
- Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7(NLT)
• More on Worry
• Bible Verses by Topic (Index)
• Sign Up for Verse of the Day (Receive a Daily Bible Verse & Inspirational Thought by Email)