On Good Friday Christians commemorate the passion, or suffering, and death by crucifixion of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Many believers spend this day in fasting, prayer, repentance, and meditation on the sacrifice and agony of Christ on the cross.
So, you might wonder then, why is Good Friday "good?"
Each year at Easter, I like to ask this question and consider the interesting and evoking answers I receive from readers.
About Good Friday
- The reason why good friday is good to me is that is the day that Jesus gave us his life for our salvation and for our purification.
- —Guest ajayi taiwo stephen
Why is Good Friday Good?
- I think Good Friday is Good because we as christians have a good time in church and sing praising hyminals. That's why Good Friday is Good.
- —Guest Presious
Beautiful Love Story
- If our heavenly father didn't send us away for us to be able to have hope the sting of death could not be dealt with. But he gave us hope through his son Jesus who did his father's will and I will reflect on it and repent for my errors through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- —Guest Christy
Good Friday - Salvation
- Without it, I would not have Salvation or a mansion in heaven.
- —Guest Sandy
What is Good Friday?
- Good Friday is not good because that is the day Jesus sacrificed his life before Easter Sunday.
- —Guest Sandhya
A Good Thing Happened
- It is good because of the good thing that happened many, many years ago, the death and the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. If He didn't die we would not be here, especially us Gentiles.
- —Guest Aaron Mpangane
An Heir of the Kingdom
- Good Friday is Good because this is the day that Jesus offered his own life as a sacrifice for our sin through the shedding of His blood. Being now justified by his blood, we are saved from wrath through him. Knowing we were once enemies of God but we are now reconciled to God by the death of his Son; therefore, those who believe are saved by him giving his life.
- —Guest Ron
- The events of Jesus' betrayal, suffering, death and resurrection are the Good News. Jesus is the Messiah. Jesus' death on Good Friday and resurrection on Easter is the Good News. Because Jesus died for our sins and was resurrected for our sanctification we can live. The wages of sin are death and Jesus paid this debt so that we may live eternal. This gift is freely offered all we have to do is accept. Why is Good Friday good? Because our Savior loved us enough to lay down his life for us. In return we should share the Good News of Christ and love as he loved.
- —Guest GuestChad
He Paid My Debt
- Good Friday is good because He paid the debt He never owed. I owed the debt but could have never been able to pay. We needed someone to wash away our sins and so, Lord Jesus willingly offered Himself up as a ransom that we might not suffer eternal damnation anymore. What could be better than that?
Praise God! My Lord Still Lives!
- —Guest Ben E. Brady
- God built a spiritual vacuum in each soul to yearn for Him. Since the Fall of Man we are now doomed to an eternity of our choice. God saw to it that he would make a way for mankind to be restored once more through His Son's sacrifice for us through the Blood of the Lamb. Good Friday is good in the sense that in God's mercy and grace He (Jesus) went to that place for us to the Cross to shed His blood red stained to wash man whiter than snow. It is our foundational faith in Christ to all who believe that when we die we will reign with Him our eternal Home. That is why Good Friday is good to remember ALL that Jesus went through for us.
- —Guest marlene
Because Now We Know What Love Is
- This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. And so that on Sunday he could show us that through him we overcome all things, even death Where, death, is your victory? Where, death, is your sting?!
- —Guest Dave
Because It Washed Away My Sin
- "And the blood of his son Jesus washes all our sins away." (1 John:1:7) It means in Jesus I am pure today. Therefore Good Friday is good to me.
- —Guest sam mathew
Celebrate This Day and Keep it Holy!
- I will make this a day to celebrate God's undying and unconditional love for me. I will make this a day to repent of my sins for God forgives. Jesus gave his life willingly for our sins we committed then and continue to commit now. I will make this a day to choose to forgive, if only for one day, everything or anyone who has hurt me. This day is Holy, I will pray and keep it Holy. Jesus returns us with eternal life, He is my Savior. I love God!
- —Guest Caitlin
The Good Shepherd
- Good Friday reminds me of the love of Jesus and the works or responsibility of the good shepherd. Jesus said that the good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep, and as the good shepherd he did it with his blood. We were cleansed and healed. He did it for me and you, from our Father God and his son Lord Jesus.
- —Guest tshepo phesela